Frameless Glass Shower Doors
U Channel or Clip Set?
Frameless shower doors are a great way to add class and style to your bathroom regardless of size or shape. Built to give the appearance of free floating glass, Frameless glass shower doors open up any shower enclosure, adding elegance to bathrooms in homes and businesses. To keep the custom cut pieces of heavy glass in place and water tight, each panel is individually installed and supported using either U-Channel or Clip Set systems. To determine which you should choose depends on the desired style of your shower.
- Usually picked for it's nicer look by most homeowners and builders.
- Hardware is anodized brass and looks great.
- Usually more expensive because of the hardware and glass fabrication.
- Generally takes a little longer due to the time it takes to fabricate your enclosure.
- More cost effective. Depending on the application costs can sometimes be as much as $150.00 less.
- In most cases can be installed faster if standard heights is utilized.
- Considered by some to look like a framed shower.
- U Channel is anodized aluminum and holds up equally as well as Clip Set.
See Our Gallery
Still not sure which support you like best? Check out our image gallery full of shower doors we have built and installed all around the Columbia and Charleston areas.